Let’s see the question paper of Computer and IT Application for the student of BBA/BHCM/TT in the form of written, photo and also in the form of PDF;
Level: Bachelor Semester: FALL Year: 2020
Programme: BBA/BI/BCIS/BHCM/BHMTT Full Marks: 100
Course: English I Pass Marks: 45
Time: – 3hrs.
Candidates are required to give their answers in their own words as far as practicable.
The figures in the margin indicate full marks.
Very Short Answer Question
Attempt all the questions.
- What is the difference between system software and application software?
- Perform (111001)2 – (011100)2
- Define Compiler and Interpreter.
- What do you mean by proof reading tools in MS word?
- What is the use of Pivot table feature of MS-Excel in business?
- What do you mean by DBMS and RDBMS?
- Differentiate between Data and Information.
- What is Animation and Transition in power point presentation?
- Differentiate between Data and Information.
- Define the term diligence with examples.
Descriptive Answer Questions
Attempt any six questions.
11. What is digital computer? Explain the components of digital computer with suitable block diagram.
11. a) What is network topology? Explain any two-network topologies with suitable structure, advantages,s, and disadvantages.
b) Convert the following:
i) (577)10 to (?)8 ii) M(A2C)16 to (?)2
13. a) Explain the concept of algorithm and flowchart with an example of finding whether a given number is odd or even.
a) what do you mean by cell referencing? Write about different types of cell referencing.
14. a) What is mail merge? Write down steps to perform mail merge operation in MS-Word.
b) What do you mean by OLE? Differentiate between linking and embedding.A. A Microsoft Excel sheet contains Students Roll, Name, and Marks in five subjects in column A, B, C, D, E, F, and G columns respectively (Row 1 and 2 contains heading row and actual data start from row 2 and onwards:
Write system to calculate total marks in column H.
Using “IF” and “OR” operators, write the syntax to display “Pass” or “Fall”, in column l. (Assume pass marks is 45 in each subject).
Write formula to find percentage of marks obtained in column J.
14. a) Write syntax to assign “Division” for “Pass” in column K (assume 75% and above “Excellent”, 60% and above “First Division” otherwise “Second”)
b) Read following conditions and answer the given questions according to conditions.
- If basic pay is less than 5000 then DA 10% HRA 15% and above “PF”10% l. tax 0%.
- If basic pay is greater than and equal to 5000 and less than 10000 then DA 12% HRA 20%, PF 15% Income Tax 10%.
- If basic pay is greater than and equal to 10000 then DA 15% HRA 25%, PF 20%, Income Tax 15%.
|1||EMP.NO||NAME||BASIC PAY||HRA||DA||PF||LTAX||NET SALARY|
i) Write a formula to calculate HRA and DA.
ii) Write a formula to calculate income tax and PF.
iii) Write a formula to calculate Net Salary.
[Net salary – BP+HRA+DA-PF-ITAX]
16. a) What is presentation? Write the feature of PowerPoint Presentation.
b) What is internet? Explain its advantages, limitations and business application.
17. a) Explain various advantage of Database Management System over the Traditional File Processing System.
b) what are E-R diagrams? Explain with example.
18. Read the case situation given below and answer the questions that follow.
The internet is a global wide area network that connects computer systems across the world. It includes several high-band width data lines that comprise the internet “backbone” . these lines are connected to major internet hubs that distribute data to other locations, such as web servers and ISPs,
In order to connect to the interne, you must have access to an internet service provider (ISP), which acts the middleman between you and the internet. Most ISPs offer broadband Internet access via a cable, DSL, or fiber connection. When you connect to the internet using a public Wi-Fi signal, the Wi-Fi router is still connected to an ISP that provides Internet access. Even cellular data towers must connect to an internet service provider to provide connected devices with access to the internet.
The internet provides different online services. Some examples include: web-a collection of billions of webpages, Email-the most common method of sending and receiving messages, online Social media- that allow people to share comments, photos, and videos, online gaming-that allow people to play with and against each other over the internet, Software update – operation system and application updates can typically downloaded from the internet.
In the early days of the internet, most people connected to the internet using a home computer and a dial-up modem. DSL and cable modems eventually provided users with “always-on” connections. Now mobile devices, such as tablets and smartphones, make it possible for people to be connected to the internet at all times. The internet of things has turned common appliances and home system into “smart” devices that can be monitored and controlled over the internet. As the internet continues to grow and evolve, you can expect it to become an even more integral part of daily life. Now a days internet is making access of world in a fingertip.
- What is the impact of the internet in daily life?
- Why ISP are called “middlemen” between the internet and the user?
- Explain the major services provided by the internet.
- “Nowadays internet is making access of world in a fingertips”. Justify this statement.
Question in the image form: